We hung Old Glory.
And showed our patriotic side
We enjoyed an early morning walk and afterwards a nice soak in the water.
Remington is not spoiled at all. Oh No!
We enjoyed riding on our 4-wheeler.
Many times
Our garden is continuing to grow. This weekend we had a great harvest. That's a post all on its own.
Here are my cucumbers climbing the blue ladder.
Check out our corn. It is now taller than me.
Some of the silk is starting to come out.
The herb garden is doing great as well.
Here is our second eggplant. We took one to mom and dad's this weekend.
We ended our weekend at a Memorial Day party at the neighbors. The family hosting it will be having a going away party for the dad later this week. He is being deployed to Iraq next Friday. This is his second tour of duty and he will be part of the last group to be shipped out to Iraq before we start bringing everyone home. It was such an amazing time to be able to see what this holiday is truly all about.
We hope you had a wonderful weekend too!
Your garden is looking great, I am so envious of your harvest! Looks like y'all had a fun weekend too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! Love your garden! Hope you have a GREAT first week of summer vacation!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe just love riding the four wheeler too! So much fun and I don't think we could make it without the work that thing does for us!
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks great, the moles grrrrr took one of my eggplants, yes took it, pulled it down into the ground. It was like a cartoon. I found the tips of the top two leaves sticking up 1/2 " out o the dirt.. pulled up and they came out the rest was missing! Darn mole also ate 2 huge squash plants... yep well ate the roots off them, but left the plant above ground, to die off..sighhh
Looks so green where you live in H-town. We are starting to brown out up here already. DH was born and raised in H-Town. I am always amazed at how green it is down there :O). Seems a person could grown anything there!
Thanks for stoppin' by my blog! Your garden looks awesome. And Remington is a cutie. I have several fur babies myself. And good luck with the P90X. I bought it and used it about a week. I'm such a slacker. Now, I'm just running. Come back and visit anytime!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is just fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteI love your garden! Do you have any good tips! hehe!
ReplyDelete