Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Farmer's Wife

What's a Cowboy to do when his garden is very plentiful??

CAN IT!!
Like I have said before we have had alot of luck with squash and cucumbers this year. I think our neighbors and family are tired of us bringing bags full of veggies. Cowboy and I decided to seek the advice of books (thanks again, Melodie), the internet, and two wonderful grandmother's on how to can and pickle our cucumbers. We also took the advice of a few nice "mature" ladies in the aisles of the store.
Round 1

Round 2
(The jar turned pink from the purple onions I threw in : )
We have 24 jars. YUM!!! We froze the squash.
Come on tomatoes and peppers, momma is a canning machine!! Or a great farmer's wife, ha!!

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You go girl! That's awesome!
    I think I need to replant my garden...I planted the beginning of May and then it snowed here and I think my seeds froze because stuff should be coming up by now :( So that's what I am going to do this weekend, hopefully it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I just saw a recipe for homemade pickles and I was so wishing me had a garden! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS.. as Avery would say.. ha ha you are turning into Grandma missy..LOVE IT!! before long you will be baking her famous cookies too. YUMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, my boys would be in heaven at your house! They would pick every one of those cucumbers for ya! We tried strawberries and it was a bust. I think we may need to bust out our topsy turvy tomato plant Oldest got for his birthday!:)

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.