Our weekend was busy and we missed seeing my dad.
Saturday morning we set out on a drive to Crockett. We met My Cowboy's dad and Brenda there. We didn't have our camera but who would want to see people sweating, HA!!. Oh my goodness it was so hot up there. We enjoyed riding 4 wheelers, working outside, eating yummy food and enjoying the company.
On Sunday we were to see my dad but instead my family decided to have another Father's Day this weekend for my dad. They were so considerate about our driving all over Texas (or at least it seemed like it) Cowboy and I were happy to get our life back to normal once we got home and even enjoyed a nap, HA!!
Now I have the laundry to prove it and to think we were only gone overnight.
Last night while watching HGTV's Design Star during a commercial they have a moment to live for or a best moment of the day. (I forgot what it is called, oops) They review a great moment for one of the contestants. I asked my cowboy what his best moment for the day was and he said it was our drive. HA!!! Mine too. I love driving with my Cowboy. I told him we need to plan a vacation this fall to just drive around Texas. There is so much to see and do; we always find so much to talk about.
I would love to end our days asking one another what our best moment was. Sometimes we just need to think about those little moments. Or maybe we have just made another family tradition.
I know what my Cowboy's best moment is for today....I just entered Life on a Southern Farm's giveaway for
Saturday morning we set out on a drive to Crockett. We met My Cowboy's dad and Brenda there. We didn't have our camera but who would want to see people sweating, HA!!. Oh my goodness it was so hot up there. We enjoyed riding 4 wheelers, working outside, eating yummy food and enjoying the company.
On Sunday we were to see my dad but instead my family decided to have another Father's Day this weekend for my dad. They were so considerate about our driving all over Texas (or at least it seemed like it) Cowboy and I were happy to get our life back to normal once we got home and even enjoyed a nap, HA!!
Now I have the laundry to prove it and to think we were only gone overnight.
Last night while watching HGTV's Design Star during a commercial they have a moment to live for or a best moment of the day. (I forgot what it is called, oops) They review a great moment for one of the contestants. I asked my cowboy what his best moment for the day was and he said it was our drive. HA!!! Mine too. I love driving with my Cowboy. I told him we need to plan a vacation this fall to just drive around Texas. There is so much to see and do; we always find so much to talk about.
I would love to end our days asking one another what our best moment was. Sometimes we just need to think about those little moments. Or maybe we have just made another family tradition.
I know what my Cowboy's best moment is for today....I just entered Life on a Southern Farm's giveaway for
Fingers crossed that we win!!!
I used to hunt in Crockett in the National Forest when I was married to the ex. It's really pretty in that area of TX.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely wait until Fall to plan your tour of Texas vacation. This heat is ridiculous!
Good luck on the giveaway.
Never been to Crockett. This heat is something, isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteI know just how you feel...some of our best times are just driving! Me and my Hubby love to take driving trips!
ReplyDeleteFall would be perfect for a Road Trip! We took a mini one to The Hill COuntry back in April and it was divine. We want to go to the Dinosaur nature park this fall.
ReplyDeleteAlso I have no need for the hen house but I entered anyways. If I win I will let ya have it so we can all see ya raise some hens!:)
Oh I like this.. best moment for today... I will ask DH tonight.. what his best moment for today was... oh yes I like this!!
ReplyDeleteI've asked my hubby that before. On work days, he always says coming home to us, "his girls". He's a keeper.
ReplyDelete