Friday, December 3, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas Receipe Swap



I'm linking up to Fresh From the Farm's Christmas Receipe Swap. Here's my receipe for


Fluffy Biscuits



2 cups of all purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking powder

3 teaspoons sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup shortening

1 egg

2/3 cup milk


1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg with milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.


2. Turn onto well-floured surface; knead 20 times. Roll to 3/4 in. thickness; cut with a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Hop over to Farmchick's blog for some great receipes.

4 comments:

  1. Yumm, Yumm! I love home-made biscuits! Can't wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those look fantastic.. I will take a dozen :O).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be losing it cuz I was certain that I commented on this post last Friday?!?!? Well anyway, they sure do look good. Thanks for playing. Hoping you are gonna add another recipe on Friday. Stop over and say hi soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there..hoping you can post another yummy recipe on my Christmas swap! :) Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.