Friday, November 26, 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas Receipe Swap


Tis the season to join Farmchick at
Fresh from the Farm for a good ole receipe swap
perfect for this time of year.



Here is my receipe for a Broccoli Salad.
The ingredients may not sound appetizing
but trust me...and my family
IT IS!!
8-12 slices bacon-cooked and crumbled
1/4-1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4-1/2 cup of raisins
1 big bunch of broccoli
**Toss together in a bowl

*Mix* in a smaller bowl
1 cup of mayonaise
1 tbsp. of vinegar
1/4-1/2 cup of sugar
**Pour mix over broccoli mixture
and toss lightly to coat.
Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
ENJOY!!

7 comments:

  1. Well YEE-HAW you posted a recipe for my swap. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun. :) By the way...I LOVE this broccoli salad. Yummy!
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....Happy Anniversary. :) May you be blessed with many, many more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds good! And coming from the girl who has eaten nothin' but grilled cheese lately, that's something! Lol! How fun, I'll have to check out the recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm I love Broccli I am going to have to try this recipe sounds great and pretty easy.
    Thanks for sharing...Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to try new salad recipes, sound yummy!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :) I got that banner last year and I'm pretty sure it's Martha Stewart and that I got it at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipe looked great to me. I would leave out the bacon since I dont eat meat... BUT I can tell you Bacon was the last meat I gave up 25 plus years ago and to this day I love the smell of it cooking, tee hee... I would put it in honeymans portions :O)...Hows that new sewing machine? Great I bet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make this salad at work all the time and people LOVE it! I don't eat raw broccoli, but if I did, this would be a fav of mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.