Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Check it out...

We have decided on a new blog title. Although it wasn't a initial idea from my Cowboy or myself, we were able to hear your input and put something together. This leaves it WIDE open for the trails we have encountered and the ones we will meet in the future.

Thanks for riding the trails with us.

***********
For other exciting news, I got to meet the author Gay Su Pinnell. Educators will know her as a phenominal leader in educating teachers to help struggling readers. I was so excited, hence the cheesy smile, ha!! She is like a God of Reading! She is the one standing up. The others are teachers with me. We met at Perry's Steakhouse in The Woodlands for a roundtable discussion. Oh my word, so cool!!


This was almost as exciting as meeting these amazing ladies last year
Tomorrow is our baby's 1st birthday. I can't wait to post about his day. We just love our furry baby.

9 comments:

  1. Loving the new name! Thanx for voting!:) I really hope that one wins. I have an adversion to the first one. We were hoping to get to stay at Eagle Springs E but since we moved back to the back section we pretty much knew we would not be zoned to the old school. At least the new school appears to be really awesome! Oldest was a little upset abt not being able to attend school with all of our friends from our previous home here in ES but once we drove by the new school a few times he was okay with it. I think the fact that it is two story and that the new principal came by his class made it easier.
    Thanx for voting and glad you all had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a teacher? I am a homeschooler! In my mind that makes us on the same team; hopefully it doesn't make us arch-enemies in yours. :-)

    And I used to live very close to the Woodlands! I lived in Humble for a coupla years before I got engaged...and then literally moved out to the middle of nowhere. That's a whole nuther story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Laura and Jenna last year too at Barnes and Nobles! So much fun! I swear like every educator from MISD was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new name!!! Lucky girl getting to meet all those lovely ladies.

    Can't wait to hear about your baby's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting and yummy on the the Perry's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love the new name, too.

    That necklace is so there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new name!! We had a great Valentine's Day!! It looks like ya'll did too! Miss you and hope to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new name and banner! I know about Gay Su Pinnell. You must be a teacher. I was 'once upon a time' ago. I went to a literacy conference and heard her and Irene Fountas speak, but I didn't get to sit at lunch with her. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting to see, hear, and meet leaders in education first-hand is always such an exciting experience. As a librarian, I've met a few children's authors -- it's one of the perks of our jobs!

    By the way, I'm stopping by from It's a Hodgepodge Life, "Tribe Talk." Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.