Thursday, February 3, 2011

Checking Things Off the List

First off, thank you guys so much for all of your wonderful and sweet comments you have given me during my pregnancy. Y'all have made this pregnancy even more enjoyable. An extra smile to my day has helped.

Things are coming down to the wire for the arrival of Kendalyn. I've been focusing on one topic and then moving on to the next.

We have found a pediatrician.

I feel so confident knowing that this doctor will treat our daughter as a patient and not as a way to get more money from the insurance company. I received a questionnaire from a friend of mine at work and it was so detailed. I asked lots of questions and really got to know some "interesting" doctors. Now we feel assured that we have made a great choice for us.

And...

We have our own Mary Poppins to watch Kendalyn when I go back to work in August.


I gave her a little interview as well, HA!!! Again, I feel confident that we have made a good choice in finding someone to watch our little girl.
We have baby showers coming up and I'm excited!!!
The next thing on the list is to pack our bags for the hospital. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!??!! Kendalyn's coming home outfit came in this week and it is cuter in person. I love it.
And finally, today is the first day that I have experienced Braxton Hicks. I know TMI but I want to remember all of these things for years to come. So bare with me : )

7 comments:

  1. With or without the blog you will remember every moment of this. My oldest is 29 1/2 years old and I still remember the details. Y'all are the cutest parents to be ever and I wish you well. I've enjoyed all of your expectant posts and I'm glad you shared it with us. Have fun at your shower and with that new baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found a pediatrician and someone to watch sweet Kendalyn! Both are big decisions. :) Sorry, no advice on the hospital bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found a pediatrician for Kendalyn! I cannot wait to "meet" her! Enjoy your snow day tomorrow...my mom is doing cartwheels! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to meet miss Kendalyn!!! Enjoy these last few weeks, I know your anxious to see her, and be 'done'. Been there. But, I had someone tell me in my last weeks, to try and soak up every minute. It goes so fast, and even faster when they are born. When she's grown you'll long for the days when she was in you, and completely dependent on you. She's a part of you that she won't ever be again... does that make sense? I didn't say it as eloquently as Joy told me, but it really hit home after I had him. I actually missed the kicks, and knowing he was right there. I remember the first few days, and I would catch myself thinking, the baby hasn't moved.. and then I'd be like oh yeah. ;) And it was kind of sad! Not that I'd want to be pregnant forever, and it is awesome to finally have that baby with you. It's just alot of mixed feelings! Maybe I'm just crazy! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she will be here in a couple of weeks.. I'm so happy for yall. For your hospital bag, I would bring button down gowns for you to wear if you plan on breast-feeding. Also, some mittens for her tiny hands so she doesn't scratch her face. The hospital will have diapers, wipes, formula, etc. so don't worry about that. We had to stay in the hospital with Skylar for 5 days cause she had jaundice & I put her in a different gown each day. Bring your own receiving blankets to keep her wrapped in. Skylar broke out from the hospital one they first wrapped her in cause they wash them in clorox. Don't want the same thing happening to Kendalyn. Also, socks & white t-shirts for her of different onesies for her. If you plan on having pictures made at the hospital, don't forget those outfits. If I think of anything else I will let you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pack ya some footie socks ,magazines for the wait, some hard candies to suck on, and if ya are anything like me your own pillows! I never leave home without them both when we travel. Also don't forget to pack ya a few things for baby girl. We made sure to have the binks ready. We always used mini mams and mams. Also she may come out with long nails and you can always use those mittens or you can honestly just pull the nails off! I attempted the tiny nail cutters and cut a tiny little finger and thats when I learned the tear off trick!
    Soo excited for ya Courtney!! Glad everything is coming together for ya guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the name Kendalyn!! Hope you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.