Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Recap-Part 1

Spring is in the Air!!

My hanging baskets. This was an idea I found in a magazine. This is how they start the baskets at Disney World. Let's hope they turn out just as good.

The Grapevine

The Blueberry bush

Cabbage from the fall garden
I spent today putting away green onions and lettuce.
(Hubby is walking out of the kitchen complaining about how our refrigerator stinks...Hello, have you seen our drawers full of onions.)

Our Spring Garden
We have expanded and added some new beds. Remember the ladder I was painting in a previous post...well here it is in the garden. We planted cucumbers and they will grow along the ladder.

We are working to complete the garden and we can't wait to see the final product or produce, HA!

In other news....our wonderful family is moving from a family of 3
to

a

family of

13
The Williamson farm is growing in leaps and bounds.
We are so excited to see what the spring has in store.
I have been apprehensive to have the chickens but when our 3 chickens last year started producing farm fresh eggs it was so neat. Now with the 10 new chickens I might be giving the eggs away!!
We planted potatoes, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, corn, and so much more. We can't forget about my herb garden. Mint is growing EVERYWHERE so we had to cut it back. We have basil, lavender, dill, and oregano. I'm going to the nursery tomorrow. HHHmmmmm, wonder what I will find??!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I need you to make me one of those cute little baskets.

    Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! How cool is all of that?! I have said for years that I want a garden. The problem...I have absolutely no idea where to begin. Y'all have been working hard. I can't wait to see how the hanging baskets turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little chickies! I order some more,just bannies,they will be here next week.Like I need more chickens,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur garden looks just like out of a magazine! I love the blue ladder!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.