Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This is how we do it-Weekend-Part 2

This is how we started our Saturday.

We had to pull up the fall harvest of carrots, lettuce, and onions. We still have turnip greens and cabbage growing.


Cowboy is tilling up the garden. We pulled up the old fencing to expand the garden. We'll put up the new fence later this week.
Hubby's Jan./Feb. project was to repair this tiller. He worked hard to get it going. I am so proud of him.

This is what Rem does when we work, HA!


I decided that the fence posts needed a paint job. I used my blue stain and went crazy.
Cowboy was grilling so I decided to mow the grass. I talked about it here.

Pictures of our work in progress can be seen here.

I just got back from the nursery. I can't wait to show you what I got!!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like your having a productive week! Hope your enjoying your SB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. you soo remind me of Grandma. Yall have sooo much stuff back there. I bet you save alot of money at the grocery store... and I cant believe you mow. you would never see me mowing thats for sure. Thats why we pay someone to do it. HA HA. looks like yall were busy busy in the yard

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I think I'm cursed with the "S" side things that I do. : )

    We only go to the grocery store for staple items, like toilet paper, toothpaste, ketchup, milk, etc. We found a great meat market so we don't even go to the grocery store for meats now.

    I guess it is kind of funny that I mow. But it's fun. I must get that from my godfather, HA HA!!

    We now have to tell mom and dad to come see us. We always have something to do here on the farm. I think they get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great looking carrots! I'm glad you found me through the Texas Blogging Gals because now I have found you. It seems we have a love of gardening in common. Which part of TX do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you guys did alot! that's awesome! teach me how to garden! I know basics...but my carrots turned out like circles not triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a garden :) It's nice to meet a fellow Aggie! I look forward to reading! Thanks & gig 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys want to start a garden so bad but they are soo much work! I think we may try one of those topsturvy tomato planters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks amazing! I also saw the pictures of your raised bed gardens which I want to try this year. It's so nice to see your husband working with you.

    Thanks so much for becoming a follower of my gardening blog, http://backyardfarmyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at your carrots!!! WTG girly...

    Your garden is obviously doing great...

    I love to ride the lawn mower ... tee hee.. much better than push mowing :O)

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.