We did plant a winter garden. It's full of spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, swiss chard, lettuces, and brussel sprouts.
We have been harvesting periodically for an evening salad. Tonight we harvested a bit more. This is better than what you get at the grocery store.
We had 3 5 gallon buckets heaped full of veggies. Winter gardening is the best....just plant and watch grow.....Oh and reap the rewards ; )
And I have to share a funny story about our furry baby. When I took out the camera for the pictures of the vegetables I had to get one of Remington. I called him over, he sat, and .....
SMILED!!!
After the camera flashed he stood up and walked away.
We just love him to pieces. We can't wait to see how he reacts to his sister.
Seriously I love the nursery! Is something written above that window? Those veggies looks awesome! So good! Haha, I love that he smiled! So cute.
ReplyDeleteLucky, I wish I could grow something healthy for to eat :)
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous! Y'all have the best garden (s) !!! So, you will need to post how you do a winter garden. It snows here so I doubt I would be able to do one :(
ReplyDeleteI love love K's room too! Great job! I am sure Remington and K will be the best of friends. My kids and their dogs are best friends. The dogs wait at the end of the road for my son to come home from school, I seriously think they hang out there all day :)
Oh! Your nursery is beautiful! So girly! Aren't girls just so much fun to prep for? I love dog smiles!
ReplyDeleteWOW look at your harvest!!! I have not tried to grow cauliflower yet! Look at your Broccoli! Now don't waste the leaves on your Brussels Sprouts those babies are edible and oh my gosh are they good! Just pull off some from the botton, leave the tops ones, wash, roll them up slice thin.. then toss in some sesame or olive oil in pan.. minced garlic .. onion if you like.. sautee..if you want them to have a more salad dressing taste add some rice wine vinegar... if not eat like that! My new favorite greens!
ReplyDeleteThe Nursery is sooooo cute!
and Remmie smiling what a great pic
It's been a while since I've stopped by. You are looking GREAT! I can't believe how close it is to Miss Kendalyn's big debut. Her nursery is so amazing! I know it was completed with loads of love. I hope you are having a great beginning to this new year.
ReplyDelete~Stacey
I'm jealous of your fresh veggies! They look so good! I wish I could just walk out to the garden and have a fresh salad for dinner. YUM!
ReplyDeleteRemington is adorable!