Monday, July 12, 2010

A Lazy Busy Weekend

What a contradictory title but that's what it was. We did many things but on our own (lazy) time.

Friday night we ventured out to my parent's house. We had dinner with them at the local mexican food restaurant. It has been years since I have eaten there and I saw so many people I went to school with or knew from town. Very distracting when you want to eat. My aunt even showed up with some friends of hers. It was good to see her too. We drove by the Fireman's Frolic that they were having in town. It's a huge celebration/fundraiser for the volunteer firemen. We didn't stop because that would be too much of seeing hometown people than I wanted to. You see when I graduated HS a few short years ago (HA!) I was the kid that left and never returned. It's not that I don't like where I grew up but it's a very small town with all of the small town "habits"

On Saturday we ventured out to

Lunch at

a trip to Hob Lob and we saw this movie
It was a good movie and it left room for many sequels.
On Sunday we spent time in the yard and garden. We relaxed in our commuity pool and had the "Sunday Special" at the new restaurant near our house. What's the Sunday special--chesseburger and french fries. My Cowboy and I shared it and it was so good. When we got home we made salsa, FINALLY!!!! I'll have to share those pics later.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. You were busy!!!

    Oh, and could I get a bowl of gumbo, please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll had a nice weekend! I actually do not look forward to going home. As matter of fact we call Houston home and not where we grew up. We took the boys to there first baseball game..mine too....this weekend They had a blast. We should get together once it cools off and go "hunting" together! I think The Woodlands and several other areas always have a tour of homes sometime during the year. I would love to find a Christmas tour of homes. Your hubby is great to go with you. MIne just sits in the car unless it is a house he really likes or it has a media room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I love lazy weekends, but where you also do stuff in your own time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see that movie! My hubby tried to get me to go see it but I suckered him into watching eclipse..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! Homemade salsa....YUM!!!! Today my mom and I went to the farmers market off of I-45 in Houston and I bought some salsa...can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend to me! :)
    Target + Wings + Movies = Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were busy as heck by my standards girly.

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.