Monday, April 19, 2010

What's happening...Down on the Farm!!

We have been busy here on the farm.

I was studying for a test I had on Saturday. Fingers crossed!!


Cowboy was reading up on chickens and gardening.



We have been blogging for 1 year on the 16th!!!


Dinner with the family for Cole's birthday



Check out what's growing at our house

Roses...too bad they are on the side of the house that we rarely frequent. The neighbors see them more than us, : (


A pretty pink flower bush, sorry don't know the name
My herb garden. Many things are going to seed but we still have a lot growing. My Cowboy bought me the birdbath on Sunday. I can't wait to wake up Saturday morning to the birds playing in it.

While I was taking my test, My Cowboy and the neighbor were working on the garden. They had to stop because they ran out of stained wood. Obviously, I am the only painter in the family or he missed me.

Bridal bouquet

Mini roses

Lime tree


CORN!!


Strawberries. We have had them for 2 years now. On the third year, they are ready for picking.
Cabbage. How perfect does that look??!!!


Cucumbers getting ready to grow on the ladder.


Potatoes, onion, squash, beans

Beans. Yes, we have funeral home stakes propped up for the beans to grow on. Hey, they were free, sturdy and will work great.

Asparagus. They grow like a fern at first and then next year we will see changes. We won't be able to eat them until the third year, like the strawberries.


Blueberries

Grapevine

Flowers!!!



Flowers blooming on the chives


Our lil worm friend



Flowers on the cilantros

The growing babies








REMINGTON!!! He turned 14 months old on the 17th.

OK so hopefully we are all caught up. There is still a lot of things going on but that will have to wait for another post. Now I'll have to take some time to check in with all of you.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all have been busy!!! Hope you did well on your test!! Love the flower pictures...gorgeous!! And P.S. Happy Blogiversary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything looks great at your place! Your garden is way ahead of mine,my corn is only half as tall as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMmmm, Tx Roadhouse, I haven't been there in a while! The garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed for your test scores. The garden looks great! The cabbage are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden looks awesome!!! Enjoyed all the pics and tour around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your garden looks wonderful... Your cabbage are way way ahead of mine!

    A LIME TREE!! I so would love some citrus trees but they won't live here thru the winter. I did see Lowes had Meyer Lemon trees and I wondered why? I know they won't make it thru the winter here?

    Your flowers are lovely as well!! Cute chicks too :O)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ALWAYS love to see your garden pictures. You have worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.