Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Food Makin'

More iPhone uploads.....

Because we are having this Texas drought our garden has kind of been a hit or miss this year. We have squash and green beans. It seems like the veggies that grew so well for us in year's past aren't doing so well this year. There won't be any canning or pickling this year.

So instead we've decided to make baby food.

We had alot of green beans. I snapped the ends and boiled the beans.



Put them in my food processor to puree


And I made baby food : )




My Cowboy asked if I tasted it...um, yeah, it tastes like green beans!!


I froze them in small storage containers and I will add breastmilk/formula when I am ready to feed her the beans. I have found where she can eat them between 8-10 months. I can't wait!!

I did the same thing with the squash we grew. Currently, Kendalyn is eating apples and bananas with rice cereal. We will be trying avocado and sweet potato soon : )

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat! When we have kids, I would love to make my own baby food. Well, I say that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your garden is doing better than mine.. mine is all but dead.

    ReplyDelete

Yee Haw and Hullabaloo,
We love receiving comments especially from you!!
Y'all come back now ya hear.